Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekend



I try to play the challenges a couple of times a week and like to do the Featured Stamper. There have been so many fun new ways to make flowers, I wanted to try some of them today. Here is Nikki's card I chose to case: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1377508. I used Bashful Blue and Sage Shadow for the colors. The background paper is Miss Elizabeth from the Dollar Tree. I used a background stamp from CTMH on the Bashful Blue cardstock. I inked edges in Bashful Blue and Sage Shadow. A flower brad from Oriental Trading holds the flower together. Mine seemed to call for something else, so I added some rickrack ribbon to the top.


I hit the mother lode at Big Lots the other day. They must have just put out new stock because I stumbled across a bunch of Cuttlebug stuff--embossing folders, dies and some with matching dies and embossing folders--all for the ridiculous price of $2 each!! There was even a build a flower one that is very similar to SU Pick a Petal, folders and dies! So I played with some challenges today. First I did the sketch challenge 281 over at Splitcoast. I used SU Merci set. Paper is CTMH Shell pink and SU Mellow Moss. Images were colored with CTMH markers. I inked all edges with choc chip. I sponged around the image with Shell pink ink. I Versamarked the butterfly from the set on the card itself for a background look. The butterfly is one of my new dies cut out of Shell pink CTMH background paper. I little bling on the butterfly and he was stuck on using a pop-up.

OK. I think I now know how to get the text with the picture I want but I guess you can figure this out for today.







No comments:

Post a Comment